Planning to open a cannabis dispensary in New Jersey? You’re not alone; as the regulated, adult-use market takes root in the Garden State, you can expect plenty of competition in obtaining a cannabis business license during this submission round. Stay one step ahead and build your business with compliance and a competitive edge at the forefront of your operation. Join us for a free webinar to learn key industry insights and the proven best practices behind the most successful dispensaries in the country.
Point Seven Group (Point7) and Cova Software build winning application/licensing strategies and essential tech solutions for cannabis retail businesses. Both teams have worked with dispensaries from coast to coast, helping cannabis entrepreneurs navigate regulations, secure their licenses, establish their brand, operate compliantly, and grow their businesses.
To help kick-start the cannabis retail industry in New Jersey, and equip you and your team for success, we’re sharing the lessons we’ve learned including industry best practices and tips you can leverage to lay the foundation for a profitable cannabis business.
Key highlights include:
- An overview of New Jersey’s cannabis regulations, history of licensing in the State, and licensing guidelines
- The costs associated with opening a dispensary in New Jersey and the journey to becoming a profitable business
- Valuable tips to keep your dispensary compliant and maintain your license
- How to rapidly grow your cannabis business, customer base, and brand
- How to effortlessly streamline your operations and build a strong team
- How to integrate your team and your operation into the community
- Best practices and proven tips to run a successful cannabis retail business
Gary Cohen, CEO, COVA Software: Gary Cohen is the CEO of Cova Software, the fastest growing technology brand in the cannabis industry. Cohen leads seminars and delivers speeches on topics including compliance, retail technology, sophisticated business operations, cannabis banking laws, and more at some of the industry’s largest conferences and events, including the NCIA Seed to Sale Show and MJBizCon.
Ashley Picillo, CEO, Point Seven Group: Ashley founded Point Seven Group in 2016 to offer management consulting services to new operators facing a daunting learning curve. She is also the author of Breaking the Grass Ceiling: Women, Weed, and Business, published and released at SXSW in 2017. To date, Ashley and her Point7 team have helped clients in 28 US states, Canada, and Australia secure highly-coveted cannabis business licenses.
Katelyn Coskey, Director of Business Development, Point Seven Group: For the six years prior to joining Point Seven Group, Katelyn rose quickly into a leadership position for a large vertical operation in Colorado. where she supervised eight dispensary locations and served as the Metrc™ and compliance director for a 40,000 sq. ft. site with over 9,000 plants. Her role included oversight of all compliance requirements for the company’s five cultivation licenses. Katelyn supports Point7’s clients as a Director of Business Development, sharing her extensive experience in dispensary and cultivation operations, including compliance, financial reporting, inventory management, staffing, training, SOP development, and seed-to-sale tracking.
Tony Gallo, Partner, Sapphire Risk Advisory: Tony Gallo is a licensed security consultant and Managing Partner for Sapphire Risk Advisory Group, named one of the Top 100 ancillary companies in the cannabis industry. Tony has more than 30 years of retail experience in the Loss Prevention, Audit, Safety, and Risk/Emergency Management fields. He is considered one of the leading authorities in cannabis security, armed robberies, and burglary investigations.
How Can Point Seven Group Help?
The team of cannabis consultants and professionals at Point Seven Group have worked extensively in the U.S. and international cannabis markets and are familiar with the unique challenges of the cannabis industry. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more cannabis industry updates!
- Everything You Need To Know About Maryland Marijuana LegalizationEven though Maryland faced initial challenges in implementing its medical cannabis program, it recognized the advantages and promptly initiated its adult-use program. Following the legalization of medical cannabis in 2013, it took four years for medical cannabis businesses to commence operations and sales. However, after …
- How to Win a Delaware Dispensary LicenseDuring April 2023, Delaware marked a significant milestone by becoming the 22nd state to legalize the recreational consumption of cannabis. This achievement was made possible through the successful passage of two separate bills, granting permission for the possession, sale, and regulation of cannabis within Delaware. …
- Compliance with North Carolina Marijuana Laws: A Guide for New Businesses Preparing to Enter the MarketThe progress toward potential legalization of marijuana in North Carolina has hit a snag this year, with legislative advancement grinding to a halt during the ongoing General Assembly session. In this article, we’ll examine the recent events and the obstacles encountered in moving North Carolina …
- Everything You Need To Know About Maryland Marijuana Legalization
- How to Win a Delaware Dispensary License
- Compliance with North Carolina Marijuana Laws: A Guide for New Businesses Preparing to Enter the Market
- Navigating Maine Marijuana Laws: A Comprehensive Overview
- Starting a Kentucky Medical Marijuana Dispensary: Advice from Experts